Friday, May 16, 2014

Whole 30, Day Four

I think the saddest thing about living alone is that when I make one large entree in a crockpot or something, I can eat it for a week. I don't get to make awe-inspiring meals every night because I don't even have a cat to enjoy it with me. That, and I work from 11-9 every day so I don't get to sit at my table anyway. My kitchen table houses about 20 empty coffee mugs and a notebook. That's what it's good for.

Day four I woke up and had the best morning pee of my life. I'm focusing on staying hydrated, and I think I'm doing it right. Lord.

Had my breakfast, since I'm trying really hard to eat before the gym, which is new and weird for me.

I don't make fancy things. I combine foods that my palate likes, and moosh them all together and call it a meal. Broccoli, kale, eggs, coconut oil...all good things. All good things when you put them together. Even better with hot sauce on top. 

Worked my ass off at the gym doing a chest and tricep circuit, then I felt like going to the grocery store to stock up on more veggies. My favorite store is called Natural Grocers. It's like Whole Foods, only with more reasonable prices and nicer people. I love them. They recently got these goodies. During this Whole 30, I am nut free, so I can't have one, but after the 30 days, you bet your ass I'm going in face first. They're W30 compliant, except for the coffee flavor. I wish I wasn't obsessed with nuts. First world problems.


 After getting to work, it was lunch time. I go through spurts of obsession with certain foods. This week's love interest is Nori (seaweed). It doesn't wrap for shit because it's so flimsy and has holes in it, but it tastes fabulous and I'm a messy person anyway. I put a can of tuna, some red bell peppers, and some avocado on the seaweed, rolled it up, and then ate it with a fork, my hands, and a straw. Also, I really don't like the taste of water, but when you add CO2 to it, and get bubbly water, that's where it's at.





For a snack I had....wait...I don't think I had a snack. That's okay, dinner was the shit anyways. On Monday I had cooked up a spaghetti squash and hadn't yet eaten it. Soooo, naturally I used it as my base, topped with some chicken, cauliflower, zuchinni, and hot sauce. I love hot sauce, back off. The veggies were cooked in tallow for a fat source, and I could have swum in the delciousness. I was hungry though, so I ate it instead.


After getting home I realized I was about 400 calories under my goal and a little hungry. I hadn't had fruit today, so I decided to make a bowl of moosh, which is what I call everything without a name. I had 2 oz of chicken to start, because protein is important, then I made a berry/coconut milk/coconut flake bowl of awesome.


My nails are gross, I know. I'd paint them, but my habit of lifting heavy things scrapes it off and it's a waste of time. As far as energy goes, I'm up up up. I sleep better, deeper, and wake up more refreshed. My digestive system is...moving along, if you get my drift, and my mood is elevated. I haven't weighed myself, and I'm starting to actually believe that the number isn't important. If I end up gaining weight, who cares? I'm healthier and I feel better. After all, isn't that what life is about?

No comments:

Post a Comment