Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Whole 30 Day 2

I feel that this disclaimer should have been made before. I am not new to Paleo. I have lived this lifestyle for around three years, and have been 100% for two of those years. Lately, I've been giving in to sweets, bread, and twice I have eaten rice. This may be normal and dandy for a lot of people, but not me. I don't react well to gluten, I am lactose intolerant, and my body on carbs is NOT attractive. I decided to do the Whole 30 again because it gets me back to my roots, feeling my best, and motivates me to stay the course.

That being said:

I didn't sleep well last night. Not because I was hungry, but I know I set myself up for failure. I try to be in bed, lights out, no phone Pinteresting by 11pm, but I am a HUGE San Antonio Spurs fan, and the game didn't start until 9:30 last night. It's not like I'm going to turn off the game during the second round of the playoffs, so bedtime could wait.

12 am came and went. By 1 am I was in bed asleep.

Then that damned internal alarm clock. 6am. Gym time.

I don't believe in doing morning workouts fasted, because it's ridiculous, and I lift heavy things. A girl needs some food.


Displaying photo 2.JPG

Breakfast this morning was 2 eggs, cage/soy/grain free from my local farmer's market, a few slices of beets (beets do wonders for blood flow, for all you lifters out there), some onion, and 1/4 avocado. Digested for around 45 minutes, then did a long, painful leg and shoulder workout.

I'm not sure if it was the workout or because it's day 2 of a Whole 30, but I was tired around 10:30. Like, I want to go to bed tired. Then I remembered I didn't sleep well and will have to gauge how I'm feeling tomorrow. Needless to say, I was pumped for lunch. I'm trying my damndest to allow for one snack a day, which is usually around 2 or 3, so I have increased the size of my lunch.

                                              Displaying photo 3.JPG

This plate of delicious contains 6 oz chicken breast, 1/4 avocado, yellow bell peppers, and red kale, all cooked in 1/2 TBSP of grass fed tallow. I love tallow, rendered this s--- myself. If you talk to your local farmers, I can guarantee they save their beef fat and would love to sell you it for dirt cheap.

I didn't take a picture of my snack at 2:30, but it was a cashew cookie Lara Bar and 2 TBSP of coconut butter. I count calories due to my lifting and fitness goals, and didn't bother to check the calories of the LaraBar. 230. Won't be having one of those again. Thank God it wasn't even that great. Coconut butter is always good. I'll be sticking to that on a spoon, or with 1/2 a banana.

Throughout the day I've been sipping on water, water...and....water. Sometimes I get fancy and drink Pelligrino because I love bubbles.

Dinner time was at 7 today. I'm eating dinner later to stay away from snacking at night. I'm a genius, I know. 

Last night I started making slow cooker curry chicken, and waited all day today to eat it. In the picture, it looks like garbage, but in my mouth it tastes fabulous. I think I'll use full fat coconut milk next time, because the curry tastes like watery disappointment. I'm pretty good with spices, so it still tastes fantastic. If you don't believe me, come over and try some.

                                             Displaying photo 1.JPG

It's 9:20 pm and I'm ready for bed. I worked 11-8:30 today and while I don't have a stressful job, I am ready to get a great night's sleep and kill it in the gym tomorrow.

Also, I'm a nerd and still frequent public libraries. I got four books (including the Wheat Belly cookbook!) that demand my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment