Sunday, May 18, 2014

Whole 30, Day 6

My first Saturday of the Whole 30. No headaches, no insufferable cravings, and I have been sleeping awesomely. I haven't weighed myself, but I feel great. I think it's from allowing the added carbs from berries, banana, and extra veggies. Whatever it is, I likey.

Breakfast this morning involved some carbs, since I had to work for a few hours and knew I would be doing a lot of walking around.

I used up the last of my two eggs, which I'll have to replace because I love eggs, some avocado, spinach, and hot sauce of course. I sliced up half of a banana and sprinkled some coconut shreds on top. Nom nom. I then hit the gym for a circuit workout and some back training.

Then it was off to work, where I went downtown Omaha to the farmer's market. I got three bunches of spinach for $1 each!! That's exciting for me, by the way. I also picked up some green onions to grill, some chard, asparagus, and salad greens. Not a bad haul for under $20.


 I was supposed to meet with a friend after work for a second workout, but it was 3pm and I hadn't had lunch. I decided to use my farmer's market winnings and have a small salad before my workout. Chicken with coconut shreds, salad greens, and spinach. There are also some blueberries and raspberries in there somewhere.

After two long workouts, I decided to go on a run at the lake. I told myself I was only going to run 3 miles, but three miles came and went. I ended up running five miles, and it was wonderful. The weather was perfect to be outside. I was sweaty and stinky, and that's just how I like it. Dinner time didn't come until around 9 pm, which is extremely late for me, but running takes away my hunger and I had to cook all of this deliciousness. I may be doing a Whole 30, but this girl knows how to eat. I picked up 4oz of grass fed beef, wild caught shrimp, and prosciutto. Grated some Japanese sweet potato, (which is like an orange sweet potato without the sugar), and wilted spinach. Holy god, I felt like a queen. 


 I then realized I was still hungry, so I did the unthinkable and ate some more. 1/4 avocado, 1/2 banana, and some coconut shreds. Topped with balsamic vinegar. Then I was done. I watched a few episodes of the show Medium, and headed promptly to bed. It was a good day. Rest day from the gym is tomorrow, and I think I'll be active by going on a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment