Monday, May 26, 2014

Days 10-14

I am reallllllly starting to suck at this. I feel awful that I haven't posted. It's not that I'm too busy to, because let's get real, all I do is work out and eat. I'm the laziest active person I know. I'll say it once, and I'll say it again.

I haven't weighed myself yet, for that I am proud. I know I had a couple of days where I went over my "macros" and calories, but through the week there were days where I didn't meet them, so it all evens out.

Here are a few pictures of things I put in my mouth over the past days.

Photo: #dinner #day13 #salad #appetizer#whole30
Photo: #day12 #dinner #whole30 #fancy #franksredhot #chickenPhoto: #whole30 #day13 #dinner #chicken #roasted #kabochasquah #franksredhot

Chicken and kabocha squash. If you don't know what a kabocha squash is, do a quick Google search, buy one, and eat it.
Photo: #whole30 #day13 #lowcarb #highfat #franksredhot #chicken #spinach #breakfast
Photo: #whole30 #postworkout #berries #coconut #coconutmilk #bananaPhoto: #whole30 #lunch #late #grassfedlamb #curry #veggies #franksredhot

Big ass lamb steak, because red meat is awesome, salads, some berries and coconut milk/flakes...a lot of avocados, and much too much chicken

I went to a paleo cooking class yesterday and the presenter made recipes from Balanced Bites, PaleOMG, and Civilized Caveman. It was great, except that for this Whole 30, I had sworn off nuts. She made chicken tenders with coconut and cashew crust. I had a piece, and I regret it. It tasted fabulous, but now I know for sure that nuts and I do not get along. It makes me sad.

My energy levels are up, I'm halfway through, and I've found that adding carbs doesn't bloat me or make me feel bad. In fact, my workouts are far more productive

Speaking of workouts...

Yesterday I did the Murph WOD. It's what I and many other people do for Memorial Day in remembrance of the fallen. This is the third year that I've done it, and I beat my time last year by 25 minutes. I kid you not, I thought my timer had broken.

The workout is:
Run 1 mile
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
Run 1 mile
To do the workout as written, it needs to be done wearing a 20 lb weighted vest, which I did. I didn't wear it for the run, and I split it into 10 rounds of 10 pullups, 20 pushups, 30 squats

I was a sweaty wreck, but it was amazing.

Peace, love, and food. <3 Stay strong fellow Whole 30ers

No comments:

Post a Comment