Monday, May 12, 2014

Whole 30 Day 1

Happy first day of the Whole 30! After this weekend, it couldn't be a better time to start. I tried last week, and failed. I'm done fooling around, done with the justifications, and ready to take on the next 30 days. For those of you that are joining me, welcome. Let's get shit done!!!

I woke up around 6:45. I hadn't slept well because of an outrageous train of storms that came through Iowa, but five hours will have to do.

For breakfast, I had the remains of my Applegate Organics roasted turkey breast, which was two slices, along with a half tablespoon of coconut oil. Still feeling the caloric hangover of Saturday and Sunday, it was a small breakfast.

I drove back to Omaha, which was a two and a half hour drive, and did not snack. I had a bottle of sparkling water, and that's it.

When I got back, I went to Natural Grocers to get my goods for the week. I picked up

Chicken breasts and drumsticks
Broccoli
Onion
Kale
Garlic
Coconut Milk (in the can!)
Canned tuna
Cauliflower
Bell Peppers
Avocado
Coconut flakes
Banana
Hot Sauce
Jar of coconut butter
I live alone, and this rang up to about $50. All organic, free range, and delicious. Totally doable, even though I make next to pennies at my job.

Eating lunch at work is easy for me because I work in a home environment with a kitchen and all of the essentials.

For today's lunch, I made "sushi", which I call anything I put into a Nori sheet. (I use Sea Snax brand)


On these seaweed sheets I have tuna, 1/4 avocado, slices of bell pepper, roma tomato. I put a few sprinkles of Frank's Red Hot (original, not wing sauce!) on top for some added flavor. Delicious. If you have never tried seaweed, I highly suggest you do.


Soon I will be cooking my chicken breasts so that they don't go bad over the week, and when meals come I will add the chicken to vegetables or whatever else I decide to make. I found a recipe on the Whole 30 webpage for slow-cooker chicken curry, which I will be making tonight.

http://www.rubiesandradishes.com/2013/12/03/easy-slow-cooker-curry-2-ways/

My chicken breasts are baked, and I put a spaghetti squash in the oven as well. It's 2 pm and I ate lunch at 11. Just had a snack of an organic gala apple and a serving of MaraNatha coconut butter.

Gym time was awesome. I started a new circuit program, and did HIIT running for over four miles. This is a huge deal because I've had shin splints for three months, and haven't been able to run. I felt so great. Now I'm a bit sore, but the best kind of sore.

Dinner time!! Decided to make cilantro line chicken with a side of broccoli topped with clarified butter. Simple and delicious.

Stay strong and confident everyone. You've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment