Thursday, June 19, 2014

Where do we go from here?

Well, I took a short break from blogging since being done with the Whole 30, mainly because I'm a lazy pile, and partly because I was trying to figure out where to go from here. Before I forget: Here's my info in case you don't stalk me yet

Twitter: @WODWolff
Instagram: Bigbadwolff24
Two Grand: Bigbadwolff24

A couple of other things. I have been paleo for a long time. In the years, like the multiple of year. I love it. It's not hard for me to eat food without ingredients. I don't crave junk (often), and I go to the gym, a lot. Transitioning from Whole 30 to paleo is super easy for me, because the only difference is that I'll add Stevia to my coffee. Yeah, I'm a badass.

Here's where things get tricky. In October, I will be leaving for Officer Candidate School for the United States Marine Corps. While I'm excited to begin the next big chapter of my life, my recruiting officer and myself have come to the sad realization that I will not be able to maintain a paleo lifestyle. The first ten weeks of Officer Candidate School will be in the field, where MRE's are considered meals. We're talking about bags. Of. Food.

                                

Appetizing, no? This will be my option. Try as hard as I can to stay paleo, but everything in one of these suckers is to provide enough calories and gunk to make sure I:

1) Don't have to poop
2) Don't need to eat often

It has been recommended that I re-introduce gluten containing foods to get my system ready for battle. Luckily, I don't eat gluten due to personal preference, not because of a health issue. I'm not ready to start eating gluten. I don't want to, and more importantly...I don't want to. However, I'm serious about being an officer in the Marines, and if it's required of me, I'll do it.

So far I've reintroduced gluten free grains, meaning on Tuesday, I had exactly one serving of white rice. I'm Asian, I love rice. I didn't put anything on it, just rice. 1/4 cup kept me full for like, six hours. I don't know how people eat that shit every day, like my boyfriend. A five pound bag might last me a year...really.

Anyways, I started another lifting program, that has a full out nutrition plan guiding me through a cut. I swear to Grok that I will see a six pack before the summer is out. I know paleo is against calorie and macro counting, but I used to be a competitive bodybuilder, counting things is what I do.

Welcome IIFYM (if it fits your macros). This style of eating basically states that you can eat whatever you want, as long as it fits into your allotted macros (Carbs/protein/fat). You get your numbers after considering your height/weight/bodyfat/activity level. I got to cheat and am using the nutrition guide from my workout plan, but I plugged in my numbers to the IIFYM website and liked what I saw. Those people don't fear carbs...or Pop-Tarts. It's weird, the Pop-tart is like the bacon of the Paleo world.

                                        

I'd rather have bacon. These look like shit.

                                      
The paleo version, however, looks like something I could grow to love.

I bought a spiralizer. Finally. And look, I made lunch.

                                  
Zucchini noodles a go-go. And salmon. Lots of salmon. I like fish. I plan on eating almond butter later. Gotta even out those Omega 3's you know.

Lastly, and certainly the least important of all, I got a PR on leg press today. By a lot. It made me happy. I also met my goal weight, which also made me happy.

Thanks for reading, love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment