Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day Four...The Struggle

I swear if I keep waking up earlier, I'm going to eventually end up never sleeping. I used to wake up at 6:00am and make breakfast. That's when I'm hungry, and eating>sleeping always. Lately, I've been going to bed at the solid time of 9-10 pm, like...when it's still light out. I don't even sit on Facebook for very long. I go the fuck to sleep. I've never required much sleep, 6-7 hours is about my max, and lately, I have seen much too much of 5am. I don't want to eat at 5....so I walk around my apartment and clean until it's food time. I'm like a dog with my planned meals, lord.

I'm on the last three weeks of my cut, and I keep toying with "Do I count macros anymore?" I know I should, because that's part of the cut, to know your exact intake. At the same time, I want to learn to trust my body and hunger signals. It's a struggle. (THE struggle). I will continue to track my macros because at this point in my life, it's habit. When I leave for OCS I'll quit because I have to, and MREs have approximately 3500 calories a piece, which I'm uncomfortable with, so I'm glad I can't track those.

Breakfast was a nice easy dish of grated beets (I love beets pre-workout). They open up blood vessels and get that pump. I topped the beets with chicken, and egg, and a small amount of avocado.

                                            Photo: #whole30 #day4 #breakfast #beethash #eggwhite #tuna #frozennectarine #avocado #franksredhot

It was leg day, my favorite. Front squats, leg press, dumbbell lunges, you name it, I did it. This week I'm taking in 100 less calories than last per day, so my strength isn't all the way up, but still pretty damn strong. I finished with tabata TRX jump squats, which are just as fun as they sound....

I also did ten minutes of steady state cardio because I had to. Cardio sucks.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this Whole 30, and the reasons I've decided to do another one. Initially, I was like "Oh, I'm going through a breakup and want junk food, so I'd better do a Whole 30 so there are rules against that"

The truth is, I'm not that torn up about the breakup. I realized I was never a relationship person anyway. Also, I don't crave junk food, at all. Sure, I want the occasional cookie, but who doesn't? I don't have a sugar demon, I just like cookies. They're fun and sweet.

I'm ending my Whole 30 on the fourth of July. I don't have any foods planned, and I certainly won't be drinking, but whatever happens, happens. For the next two to four years, I won't be with my family and friends on the Fourth of July, and I'll be damned if I let a Whole 30 take me away from enjoying it to the fullest.

I was about to say, and I love smores. I don't like smores. Damn. I plan on taking some uncured grass fed hot dogs, and probably some gluten free buns, unless I'm feeling awesome and make paleo hot dog buns...I'll do that actually. Ya'll could use a recipe.

As always, feel free to ask any questions. I may not know the answers to everything, but I'll do the research if I don't.

Stay strong, hungry, and fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment