Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Days 26-30. THE END IS HERE

What a great weekend, kind of. I headed back to my old stomping grounds in Iowa so that my boyfriend could finish packing up his things and say bye to his family...and me. He's leaving for ten weeks for an internship in Chicago. One of those smart people jobs as a mechanical/bioengineer. I miss him already. Thank God my 30 days are up, the stress eating begins.

Kidding, kind of.

The awesome thing about staying with his parents is that they live in a house. The best part of a house? A real grill. Like, not an indoor one. Like, I can make more than 2 oz of chicken at a time. Boy did I.

One thing I don't like so much is that I didn't pack a lot of my own food, so I had to go to Whole Foods and make a lot of salads. If WF wasn't so expensive, it wouldn't be a problem. I'm broke though, and it's a problem. However, it's a good place to stay compliant and paleo, so whatever.

Photo: #dinner #whole30 #finishedReal grill kebabs. Lamb stew meat, bell pepper, apple, and sugar free bacon. Lamb is my all time favorite meat, and it was a good-bye kind of weekend. Any red meat to me is like crack, but lamb...holy God.

Photo: #whole30 #day28 #breakfast #wholefoods #egg #avocado #chicken #salad #grapesWhole Foods breakfast. Got some cage free eggs, an avocado, spinach, cauliflower, and carrots. Topped with some apple cider vinegar so it didn't taste like a bag of leaves.

Photo: #whole30 #day28 #wholefoods #wholepaycheck #sardines #cabbage #salad #lacroix #lunch Whole Foods dinner. They had braised cabbage, so I figured hell, why not? Coconut La Croix, sardines in water, and a mound of salad. I believe there's cauliflower in there too.

Photo: #whole30 #day28 #dinner #grillout#chicken #salmon #veggies #sweetpotatoes #coconutcream #almondbutterThis was Sunday night's dinner. Alex and my last dinner together for ten weeks. We busted out the grill and had a hay day. I had some chicken, a fish filet (I was low on protein today), some steamed veggies, and a sweet potato. Not just any sweet potato, but one with a packet of almond butter and some coconut cream on it. GO MAKE ONE RIGHT NOW. Seriously, it's the best sweet potato I've ever had. Damn my reaction to nuts though, I'll probably have one a month this way.

Photo: #whole30 #day29 #snack #avocado #carrots #fish #pineapple #workingPhoto: #lunch #whole30 #salad #salmon #broccoli #carrots #coconutoil #oliveoil #day29Photo: #whole30 #day29 #dinner #panera#hiddenmenu #lettucewrap#myavocado#fathaters
Photo: #whole30 #day30
#lastday #breakfast #egg #bacon #chicken #kale #avocadoPhoto: #lunch #whole30 #day30 #brussels #sweetpotatoes #tallow #bacon #turkey #avocado #franksredhot

Monday and today so far. Lot's of carrots. Those are my thing lately. The cucumber salad thing was off of the hidden menu at Panera. I took my client out for dinner and that was my option. If you can see, I took my own avocado because places like that are fat Nazis.

As day 30 comes to an end, I'm looking forward to fish for dinner with a salad and some broccoli and carrots. I bought parsnips and am thinking about roasting those suckers and eating them during the Spurs game. I'm an NBA fan, by the way. That's important. Write that down.

In the next couple of days I'll post about how I feel, how it went, and what I'll be doing from this point. Thank you all for joining for my journey, and I hope you ask any questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment